Get involved in building our industry’s future and current workforce
Perhaps more than ever, North Carolina’s building performance industry needs to reach out and support our industry’s future workforce while shoring up support for current professionals. NCBPA’s workforce development efforts are founded in addressing these needs with support from our members, partners and industry-at-large. This important work needs your support! Continue reading below for more information.
This Committee is comprised of volunteer member professionals and works with NCBPA staff to develop and implement workforce development solutions and resources that benefit students, professionals and companies across our state.
Want to Join the Committee?
Contact us to participate on this Committee.
Leadership and Staff Contacts
Co-Chairs: Dennis Gordon – City of Elizabeth City, Doug Hunt – Palmers Heating and Air Conditioning
Contact us if you’d like to volunteer!
NCBPA Staff support provided by Ryan Miller.
Our strategic goals for workforce development
Workforce development is one of the four categories of NCBPA’s Strategic Plan. Established in March of 2017, our activities include:
Establish strong industry-supported credentialing, certification and licensing standards.
Market career opportunities to high school, community college and university students.
Improve the perception of career opportunities in our industry’s skilled trade positions.
Offer and promote internship, co-op and apprenticeship programs across the state.
Offer continuing education, networking and other workshops and events.
Building bridges to support our future workforce
To directly address these vital needs, NCBPA provides:
- Free membership in the association for students and faculty. Gain access to our weekly e-newsletter, discounts to industry conferences and events, free webinars, product discounts and much more. Click here to join NCBPA for free.
- Our member job postings are sent directly to many community colleges, technical college and university programs across the state. Post your job with us to have it advertised across the state to students and more than 9,000 industry professionals.
- We connect high school students, college students and industry professionals seeking employment in our industry through the Job Seekers page on our website. Visit this page to see the talented students and industry professionals seeking internships, co-op positions, part-time and full-time jobs.
- Presentations to high school, college and university students describing industry job and career opportunities. Contact us to schedule a presentation!
Creating new resources to support our current workforce
To support lasting careers for professionals working in our industry, NCBPA:
- Regularly surveys industry professionals including company owners and operators to learn about changing hiring and employment trends in our industry. This valuable data helps us learn what certification and training programs need support, what salaries and benefits are trending so that we can inform interested students, and how educational curricula in place at high schools, colleges and universities across the state can be fine-tuned to address changing needs in our current and future business environment.
- Offers a variety of continuing education opportunities through industry conferences, workshops, networking events, online webinars and research. Visit our Events Calendar for a listing of upcoming events.
- Encourages member professionals to participate in Committees with NCBPA staff and other industry professionals to help resolve important industry issues and form new ideas and opportunities that push our industry forward!
Colleges and universities that we work with
NCBPA is creating new connections with educational programs across the state in 2019. Currently, we work with the institutions listed below. Know of another one that we should reach out to? Contact us to help make a connection!
- Appalachian State University
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
- Cape Fear Community College
- Central Carolina Community College
- Charlotte Piedmont Community College
- Durham Tech
- Guilford Technical Community College
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- North Carolina A&T University
- North Carolina State University
- University of North Carolina at Asheville
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Wake Tech Community College
- Western Carolina University