Find your career in building performance
Available jobs with NCBPA member companies and partners are listed below. Check out our Career Support page for helpful information on joining our industry. Post your resume or view individuals seeking employment on our Job Seekers page. Have a job to post? Send a link to Info@BuildingNC.org to be posted here and shared on social media and in our Member e-newsletter!
Looking for an internship with NCBPA? Visit our Internship page to see what’s available!
AirTight FaciliTech seeks HVAC Installers and Technicians in Charlotte
As a service company, our people are our most important resource. We continually strive to attract the best employees in the business by offering competitive compensation packages that include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Life and accidental death insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k/profit sharing
- Paid vacation time and holidays
- Continuing education incentives
More than 150 Positions Available with Siemens in North Carolina!
If you’re excited to shape the innovations of tomorrow, we want to hear from you. You’ll join 372,000 of the smartest minds all working together to build a better future. There are opportunities to join us in almost every country in the world. We’re looking to recruit people in Engineering, Manufacturing, Research & Development, IT, Sales & Marketing, and Operations. And if your dream role is based abroad, we can help you relocate too. Currently available positions in North Carolina include:
- Building automation
- Solutions architecture
- HVAC installation and service
NAHB seeks Program Manager for Sustainability and Green Building in Washington, DC
NAHB is seeking a program manager who will be responsible for implementing the association’s sustainability and green building policy at the federal, state and local levels by proactively promoting NAHB policy positions, providing critical analysis of law and regulation, tracking and interpreting emerging issues, assisting in the development and implementation of strategies and providing advocacy, education, research and technical assistance for members and state/local home builder associations. Assigned issues also include energy and resource efficiency, indoor environmental quality, resiliency, green remodeling and systems-built homes.
Therma-Stor seeks Regional Sales Manager for the Mid-Atlantic Region for Santa Fe Products
Due to our tremendous growth we are looking to expand our Team! Therma-Stor LLC, located in Madison, Wisconsin, was established in 1977 as a manufacturer of residential and professional grade climate control and dehumidification equipment, water heaters, and flood restoration tools.
This role is a key member of our Santa Fe Sales Team. Individual will be responsible for increasing sales and profitability of the Santa Fe brand of products within a specific territory. Individual must love meeting people, building relationships, and providing great customer service. They must have a burning desire to increase sales and take pride in contributing directly to the bottom line. Position requires an individual with sales experience, technical expertise, and the drive to exceed expectations and perform all duties and responsibilities.
More than 135 Positions Available with Ingersoll Rand in North Carolina!
At Ingersoll Rand, we empower you to inspire progress every day for our customers and our communities — and for yourself. We offer countless opportunities to build a successful and rewarding career. Currently available positions in North Carolina include:
- Building automation
- HVAC installation and service
- Apprenticeship positions
BuildSense seeks Project Managers in Durham
5 years of custom residential building experience required. BuildSense is a values-driven company. Competitive salary and benefits. Please send letter and resume to email@example.com.
Above and Beyond Energy seeks HERS Rater or RFI Specialist in Raleigh Area
Above and Beyond Energy has become a regional leader in residential energy consultation and commissioning and is looking to hire a residential building performance technician. Technicians collect data, conduct building performance tests, use energy modeling software, prepare reports, and consult with clients on new homes.
- Conduct inspections and report on numerous construction projects at various levels of completion for HERS Ratings, ENERGY STAR homes, energy codes and utility rebate programs..
- Provide on‐site support to contractors and sub‐trades about program requirements, air barrier systems, and building science.
- Perform blower door testing, duct leakage testing, and other performance testing on new homes.
To read the full job description, click here.
Advanced Energy seeks Building Science Technician in Raleigh
Advanced Energy is a planning, technical and engineering services firm that provides market-based energy solutions. We work with electric utilities, state, federal and local governments, manufacturers and a wide variety of public and private partners. Advanced Energy offers program design and implementation, consulting, training, testing and research to provide market-based energy-related solutions for our five markets: residential, commercial and industrial, motors and drives, solar and electric transportation. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Advanced Energy’s award-winning SystemVision program!
We’re not just building houses. We’re changing lives.
Since 2001, the SystemVision affordable housing program has certified nearly 5,000 new homes, designed to be healthy, safe, durable, comfortable and energy efficient. SystemVision uses practical solutions and simplified processes to support developers and builders in designing, constructing and marketing affordable homes, and the program stays up to date as building code evolves. SystemVision also uses energy modeling to provide heating and cooling energy use and comfort guarantees for two years. These guarantees benefit the homeowner and act as a feedback loop for the program. SystemVision reviews and troubleshoots high bill complaints or moisture-related concerns. In recent years, SystemVision expanded to include a comprehensive retrofit program for existing homes. You can learn more at www.systemvision.org.
The Building Science Technician will…
- Perform building plan reviews including load calculations and/or energy performance analysis.
- Conduct applied building science diagnostics: visit structures, conduct measurement tests, record results, summarize data, recommend solutions, define and interpret the importance of the implementation of corrective measures, and perform quality control.
- Perform QC inspections in accordance with Advanced Energy’s home performance programs; use a variety of diagnostic tools and methods that may include blower door, duct blaster, air flow testers, air balancing equipment, etc.
- Provide advice, problem solving and instruction regarding corrective measures for meeting program requirements (e.g., System Vision for New and/or Existing Homes; Home Performance with ENERGY STAR). Recommend specific system modifications or adjustments.
- Assist with preparation of workshops and presentations. Comply with all standards, policies and procedures, including safety and clean work space procedures.
- Provide hands on assistance in deploying new technologies in the field.
- Help establish equipment selection and measurement tools and techniques for energy-efficient homes.
Home Performance Technician in North Carolina
Insulation installation, energy audits, HVAC, minor plumbing, encapsulated crawlspaces, weatherization, radiant barrier, solar attic ventilation.- Travel Monday through Friday between High Point and Gastonia. (some Saturdays) – Work with a team to solve problems quickly and efficiently. – New construction, remodel, and up-fits.- Attics, walls, crawl spaces, etc.- Some travel.- Experience preferred but not required. Willing to train if you are a hard worker and ambitious.