Find your career in building performance
Available jobs with NCBPA member companies and partners are listed below. Check out our Career Support page for helpful information on joining our industry. Post your resume or view individuals seeking employment on our Job Seekers page. Have a job to post? Send a link to Info@BuildingNC.org to be posted here and shared on social media and in our Member e-newsletter!
Looking for an internship with NCBPA? Visit our Internship page to see what’s available!
NC Clean Energy Technology Center seeks Extension Specialist – Clean Power and Energy Efficiency in Raleigh
The Clean Power and Energy Efficiency Program team at NCCETC assists industrial and commercial businesses and institutional clients solve energy management problems and reach their energy and/or sustainability goals. Through a wide range of educational, technical and financial assistance initiatives, the team broadly supports deployment of cleaner, more resilient distributed energy technology and efficiency options in North Carolina and across the Southeast, including:
• Combined Heat and Power
• Renewable (Solar, Wind, Bioenergy) and Non-renewable Distributed Generation
• District Energy
• Energy Storage Technologies
• Energy Efficiency Technologies and Practices for Boilers and Steam Systems, Compressed Air Systems, Energy Intensive Processes, Fuel and Feedstock Flexibility, Motors, Fans, and Pumps, Process Heating, and Energy Management & Automation
BuildSense seeks Project Managers in Durham
5 years of custom residential building experience required. BuildSense is a values-driven company. Competitive salary and benefits. Please send letter and resume to email@example.com.
Ensign Building Solutions seeks HERS Rater in Raleigh
Looking for an established HERS Rater to support growing Building Science Company in Raleigh. Must have reliable transportation. Perform building inspections, performance testing, and training for builders and trades. Salary and performance bonuses based upon experience. Vehicle and phone allowance. Please send resume or call for an appointment at Corey@ensignbuildingsolutions.com or 770-205-9891.
NCSEA seeks Government Affairs Associate in Raleigh
North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA) is seeking a Government Affairs Associate to join our expanding Transformation Through Policy team. Reporting to the General Counsel, the Government Affairs Associate will support NCSEA in its legislative and executive branch work by tracking state energy policies, engaging clean energy businesses to participate in the legislative process, and providing policy and political analysis. Topical issues may include energy efficiency, renewable energy, smart grid, fossil fuels, high performance building, and vehicle electrification. This role will interface with elected officials, their staff, NCSEA members, and allied organizations.
- Supporting NCSEA’s policy team, and specifically its lobbying team, in their government affairs work
- Attending hearings and briefings at the NC General Assembly and other important venues
- Recruiting, guiding, and advising clean energy businesses through the General Assembly with the purpose of visiting legislative leaders and local representatives to discuss renewable energy and energy efficiency successes and opportunities in North Carolina
- Assisting with legislative research and analysis and participate in strategy meetings
- Working closely with NCSEA’s engagement team to draft and update policy-related materials used by NCSEA
Click here for a full job description and steps to apply.
Above and Beyond Energy seeks HERS Rater or RFI Specialist in Raleigh Area
Above and Beyond Energy has become a regional leader in residential energy consultation and commissioning and is looking to hire a residential building performance technician. Technicians collect data, conduct building performance tests, use energy modeling software, prepare reports, and consult with clients on new homes.
- Conduct inspections and report on numerous construction projects at various levels of completion for HERS Ratings, ENERGY STAR homes, energy codes and utility rebate programs..
- Provide on‐site support to contractors and sub‐trades about program requirements, air barrier systems, and building science.
- Perform blower door testing, duct leakage testing, and other performance testing on new homes.
To read the full job description, click here.
Advanced Energy seeks Building Science Technician in Raleigh
Advanced Energy is a planning, technical and engineering services firm that provides market-based energy solutions. We work with electric utilities, state, federal and local governments, manufacturers and a wide variety of public and private partners. Advanced Energy offers program design and implementation, consulting, training, testing and research to provide market-based energy-related solutions for our five markets: residential, commercial and industrial, motors and drives, solar and electric transportation. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Advanced Energy’s award-winning SystemVision program!
We’re not just building houses. We’re changing lives.
Since 2001, the SystemVision affordable housing program has certified nearly 5,000 new homes, designed to be healthy, safe, durable, comfortable and energy efficient. SystemVision uses practical solutions and simplified processes to support developers and builders in designing, constructing and marketing affordable homes, and the program stays up to date as building code evolves. SystemVision also uses energy modeling to provide heating and cooling energy use and comfort guarantees for two years. These guarantees benefit the homeowner and act as a feedback loop for the program. SystemVision reviews and troubleshoots high bill complaints or moisture-related concerns. In recent years, SystemVision expanded to include a comprehensive retrofit program for existing homes. You can learn more at www.systemvision.org.
The Building Science Technician will…
- Perform building plan reviews including load calculations and/or energy performance analysis.
- Conduct applied building science diagnostics: visit structures, conduct measurement tests, record results, summarize data, recommend solutions, define and interpret the importance of the implementation of corrective measures, and perform quality control.
- Perform QC inspections in accordance with Advanced Energy’s home performance programs; use a variety of diagnostic tools and methods that may include blower door, duct blaster, air flow testers, air balancing equipment, etc.
- Provide advice, problem solving and instruction regarding corrective measures for meeting program requirements (e.g., System Vision for New and/or Existing Homes; Home Performance with ENERGY STAR). Recommend specific system modifications or adjustments.
- Assist with preparation of workshops and presentations. Comply with all standards, policies and procedures, including safety and clean work space procedures.
- Provide hands on assistance in deploying new technologies in the field.
- Help establish equipment selection and measurement tools and techniques for energy-efficient homes.
Blue Ridge Community Action, Inc. seeks Weatherization Project Manager I
The Weatherization Project Manager I assists in the daily management of the Weatherization Assistance (WAP) and HARRP programs and provides education on Weatherization/HARRP and safety, including any available services provided by the WAP. The Weatherization Project Manager I also educates and implements lead base safety protocol to clients served.
Must be at least 21 years of age, high school graduate and have BPI Certifications; experience in social skills; some knowledge of building and safety codes. The position requires a minimum knowledge of construction techniques and weatherization and construction materials. Must own a vehicle (preferably a truck). Knowledge of blower door technology and energy savings.
Blue Ridge Community Action, Inc. seeks Weatherization Project Manager II
The Weatherization Project Manager II assists in the daily management of the Weatherization Assistance (WAP) and HARRP programs and provides education on Weatherization/HARRP and safety, including any available services provided by the WAP. The Weatherization Project Manager II also educates and implements lead base safety protocol to clients served.
Must be at least 21 years of age, high school graduate and ASD; experience in social skills; some knowledge of building and safety codes. The position requires a minimum knowledge of construction techniques and weatherization and construction materials. Knowledge of blower door technology and energy savings. Must have reliable transportation.
Environmental Solutions Group (ESG) seeks Energy Performance Technician in Raleigh, NC
Do you want to be a part of making homes more efficient, sustainable, comfortable and healthy? Are you interested in helping others understand energy efficiency? Our Energy Performance Technicians are the face of ESG, engaging customers on their own in the field. You will be providing excellent service and expertise to builders and homeowners by evaluating and verifying energy usage in new construction and existing homes and multi-family buildings. ESG is a trusted source for both indoor air quality and energy related consulting in Virginia, North and South Carolina. Our home office is located in Greensboro, but we are currently looking for someone based out the Raleigh/Durham area. For more information about our company, please visit our website at go-esg.com.
Home Performance Technician in North Carolina
Insulation installation, energy audits, HVAC, minor plumbing, encapsulated crawlspaces, weatherization, radiant barrier, solar attic ventilation.- Travel Monday through Friday between High Point and Gastonia. (some Saturdays) – Work with a team to solve problems quickly and efficiently. – New construction, remodel, and up-fits.- Attics, walls, crawl spaces, etc.- Some travel.- Experience preferred but not required. Willing to train if you are a hard worker and ambitious.
Performance Point seeks Performance Consultants in Raleigh (1) and Charlotte (1)
Are you interested in starting a career in the exciting field of energy efficiency and green construction? Are you the kind of person who believes technology and innovative practices can make our buildings better without sacrificing comfort? Would you like to play a role in securing our nation’s energy future, cutting greenhouse gas emissions, and promoting sustainable practices in an industry hurting for change?
If you have an eye for detail there is no better way to gain a working understanding of how homes are built and the roles each trade plays in the comfort, durability, safety, and efficiency of a house than by becoming a Performance Consultant with Performance Point. We are quickly growing and are looking for like-minded hard-working individuals to join our team and help make a difference!
About Performance Point
Performance Point is a full-service building performance contractor. We help our customers design and build homes that work better and provide the turn-key services to make it a reality. Our service doesn’t stop there, we also follow up with inspections throughout construction to ensure project goals are being implemented. We focus on new construction for single and multifamily projects. Our single-family footprint extends from Charlotte to the Coast and we have multifamily projects across the US!
- Conduct Code Compliance Testing, HERS Ratings, ENERGY STAR assessments, Air Sealing, and Air Infiltration Testing for residential new construction.
- Prepare reports for clients and consult with builders about issues identified
- Review and prepare forms for submission as part of the certification process
- Effectively communicate with management and the team on scheduling issues or field related concerns/ideas
- Maintain company vehicles and equipment to ensure cleanliness and properly working order
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Science/related field or Strong interest in Green Building and Sustainability
- Excellent communication skills – (written and oral)
- Basic understanding of building science and construction terminology
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well independently and as a team
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Plus Skills (Not Required):
- Building Science/Construction background
- RESNET Certified HERS Rater
- NGBS Verifier
- BPI Certified
- Certified LEED AP
**Please contact Susie Redfearn at SusieR@ThePerformancePoint.com to learn more.
Southern Energy Management seeks Building Science Technician in Myrtle Beach Area – Immediate Start Date!
Southern Energy Management (SEM) is a pioneering sustainable energy company with big plans for the future. We are seeking a full-time Residential Building Performance Field Technician responsible for performing visual inspections, collecting field data and verifying single-family homes to various green ratings and certifications such as Energy Star, NGBS, LEED for Homes and more. The majority of your time is in the field and will require daily travel throughout Myrtle Beach and Wilmington markets. The ideal candidate will be flexible, eager to learn and willing to do whatever it takes to make each project a success.
Field test new buildings for energy efficiency performance factors including whole house air leakage and duct leakage. Inspect new buildings for compliance with required energy efficient construction and program details in framing, insulation, air barrier, and HVAC. Accurate and expedient data entry of field collected data. Work closely and collaboratively with builders and subcontractors, providing onsite technical assistance with means and methods for achieving specification and/or certification standards. Access to a reliable vehicle with adequate space for the transport of equipment. OSHA 10 preferred. Experience with HERS ratings and energy modeling software preferred. Basic energy modeling skills is a definite plus. Having the HERS Rater and/or NGBS Green Verifier designation is preferred. Good customer relationship skills are of utmost importance as the position requires working closely with SEM’s multifamily project managers along with project GC’s, architects and subcontractors.
Southern Energy Management seeks Building Science Technician in Wilmington Area – Immediate Start Date!
Southern Energy Management (SEM) is a pioneering sustainable energy company with big plans for the future. We are seeking a full-time Residential Building Performance Field Technician responsible for performing visual inspections, collecting field data, testing home performance, and verifying single-family homes to various green ratings and certifications such as Energy Star, NGBS, LEED for Homes and more. The majority of your time is in the field and will require daily travel throughout NC and northern SC coastal markets (Jacksonville to Myrtle Beach). Field test new buildings for energy efficiency performance factors including whole house air leakage and duct leakage. Inspect new buildings for compliance with required energy efficient construction and program details in framing, insulation, air barrier, and HVAC. Accurate and expedient data entry of field collected data. Work closely and collaboratively with builders and subcontractors, providing onsite technical assistance with means and methods for achieving specification and/or certification standards.
Southern Energy Management seeks multiple (3) Seasonal Solar Installation Technicians – Immediate Start Date!
Job Description and Timeline:
Southern Energy Management is a North & South Carolina leader in residential solar installations and we are looking to hire (3) Seasonal Solar Installation Technicians. The job is a Seasonal position. This position is not eligible for Company group insurance, benefits (or any other health and welfare benefits). A Seasonal position is not eligible for any other Company benefits (paid time off, etc.). This job will be based out of our Raleigh, NC office with around 25% of time being spent out of town working remotely in both NC and SC, candidates should expect to be out of town at least 1 week out of the month. The job will end on December 31, 2018.