Crawl Space Encapsulation Specialist Training

Looking to improve your crawl space encapsulation knowledge?  Join us in February of 2019 for NCBPA’s Crawl Space Encapsulation Specialist Training! 

* If you’re interested in attending this workshop, RSVP and provide your availability here!

Have questions or want to schedule a workshop? Please contact us at Info@BuildingNC.org or 919-841-6207.

About the Training

Learn how to design, install and service encapsulated crawl spaces!

The Crawl Space Encapsulation Specialist Training is the best opportunity for industry professionals to learn how to design, install and maintain safe, healthy and high performance crawl spaces.  New professionals will receive a comprehensive understanding of the building science of crawl spaces and learn how to make them perform well in both new construction and retrofit homes.  Experienced professionals can sharpen their skillsets and familiarize themselves with the latest ventilation, drying and pest control practices to ensure their crawl space work exceeds code requirements and customer expectations.

The first day includes classroom training on moisture management, proper ventilation, thermal bridging, sales techniques and much more.  Expert trainers will guide attendees through a wealth of educational information, real-life examples and classroom demonstrations on the various types of crawl spaces found in North Carolina.  The second day starts with a field visit to an encapsulated crawl space to see firsthand how high performance crawl spaces are designed, constructed, monitored and serviced.  At the end of the day, attendees will take an exam to earn their Crawl Space Encapsulation Specialist Credential.

Click here for information on the workshop held in November of 2018.

Register to expand your crawl space knowledge and profit-making opportunities in new and existing homes.

This training is brought to you by North Carolina Building Performance Association with support from these industry partners:

Therma-Stor: Manufacturer of Santa Fe freestanding dehumidifiers and Ultra-Aire whole house ventilating dehumidifiers.

Advanced Energy: A nonprofit research, training and consulting firm supporting contractors and utilities across the country from its headquarters in Raleigh, NC.

Attendees will need to bring a laptop, smart phone or tablet to have access to the exam.  A laptop is preferred. For more questions about this training please contact us at Info@BuildingNC.org or 919-841-6207.

Feedback from Workshop Attendees:

Our November 2018 workshop earned high marks for technical education and professional networking.  70% of survey respondents were Very Satisfied and the remaining 30% were Satisfied with the workshop.  Here are some quotes from attendees:

  • “I thought the workbook was great and will be a helpful resource in the future in practice.  Especially the how-to guide.”
  • “I thought this class was really great in terms of providing practical knowledge specific to crawlspaces that I don’t know where else you would get.  I learned a lot and will be able to use what I learned immediately in several projects.”
  • “Overall a great class.  This workshop was very well done from the building science to the hands-on and technical aspects.”

Dates and Locations:

NCBPA is currently planning this workshop for mid-February of 2019 in Raleigh, NC.  If you’re interested in attending this workshop, send us an email to let us know!  Registration will open soon!

Format:

  • 10 hours of classroom training
  • 4 hours of on-site field training
  • 2 hours for credential exam
  • Time for networking and Q&A with instructors and exhibitors during meals and breaks

Instructors:

  • Curt Hurd – Residential Buildings Specialist, NCBPA
  • Scott Hoover – Trainer, NCBPA
  • Guest presenters and exhibitors

Sponsors:

  • Therma-Stor: Manufacturer of Santa Fe and Ultra-Aire dehumidifiers and many other crawl space products.
  • Advanced Energy: A nonprofit research, training and consulting firm supporting contractors and utilities across the country from its headquarters in Raleigh, NC.

Exhibitors:

  • Therma-Stor: Manufacturer of Santa Fe and Ultra-Aire dehumidifiers and many other crawl space products.
  • Crawlspace Depot: Supplier of crawlspace products, tools and supplies!
  • Want to exhibit?  Space is available – let us know!

CEUs Available:

  • BPI: 8 CEUs approved

Takeaways/Handouts:

  • Attendees will receive a training manual with a wealth of information to be used in the workshop and on the job
  • Attendees will also have access to Therma-Stor’s online suite of marketing, sales and technical resources

Costs:

  • $995 per person
  • $100 discount for NCBPA member professionals
    • Not a member?  Companies can join NCBPA for as little as $21 per month here!