Crawl Space Encapsulation Specialist Training
About the Training
On November 8 – 9, 2018, NCBPA hosted 25 industry professionals in Raleigh for North Carolina’s first-ever Crawl Space Encapsulation Specialist Training. Sponsored by Santa Fe and Ultra-Aire and developed in partnership with Advanced Energy, the workshop provided expert classroom and field education to professionals with widely-varying levels of experience from North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Maryland.
The first day included classroom training on moisture management, proper ventilation, thermal bridging, sales techniques and much more. Expert trainers guided attendees through a wealth of educational information, real-life examples and classroom demonstrations on the various types of crawl spaces found in North Carolina. The second day started with a field visit to an encapsulated crawl space to see firsthand how high performance crawl spaces are designed, constructed, monitored and serviced. At the end of the day, attendees took an exam to earn their Crawl Space Encapsulation Specialist Credential.
NCBPA is pleased to report that ALL attendees passed the exam! Additionally, 70% of attendees surveyed said they were Very Satisfied with the training!
Interested in this workshop? Read more below and learn about the next workshop coming up in February of 2019!
About the Hosts and Sponsors
This training is brought to you by North Carolina Building Performance Association with support from these industry partners:
Therma-Stor: Manufacturer of Santa Fe freestanding dehumidifiers and Ultra-Aire whole house ventilating dehumidifiers.
Advanced Energy: A nonprofit research, training and consulting firm supporting contractors and utilities across the country from its headquarters in Raleigh, NC.
Industry Professionals that Earned the Specialist Credential
NCBPA and our partners are pleased to recognize the following individuals for earning the Crawl Space Encapsulation Specialist Credential:
- Amaury Batista – Devere Insulation Home Performance, Glen Burnie, MD
- Bill Midgett – Go Energy, LLC, Prince Frederick, MD
- Doug Hunt – Palmers Heating & Air Conditioning, LLC, Thomasville, NC
- Garrett Bean – Greenserve, China Grove, NC
- Jacob Mabe – GSM Services, Gastonia, NC
- Jason Miller – Skill Core USA, TN
- Jeramey Lutinski – Dry Pro Basement Systems, Charlotte, NC
- Joel Windsor – Devere Insulation Home Performance, Glen Burnie, MD
- Jonathan Sergeant – Greenville Utilities, Greenville, NC
- Katie Henderson – Efficient Home, LLC, Burtonsville, MD
- Lane Riley – Happy Home Heating and Cooling, Durham, NC
- Leonard Farrugia – Carolina Crawlspace Solutions, Beaufort, NC
- Mark Krenzler – Go Energy, LLC, Prince Frederick, MD
- Owen Driscoll – GSM Services, Gastonia, NC
- Seth Mills – Greenserve, Salisbury, NC
- Seth Shoneman – Greenville Utilities, Greenville, NC
- Scotty Shipley – By The Yard Lawn Care, Fayetteville, NC
- Scott Hoover – NCBPA, Raleigh, NC
- Curt Hurd – NCBPA, Raleigh, NC
Photos and Videos
Check out photos from the workshop here!
Videos coming soon!