Home Energy Auditors & Raters Trade Council
Formed in early 2018, this Trade Council includes home energy raters and auditors working in single and multifamily homes across the state that seek to improve the market through industry advocacy, policy and legislation, workforce development, building and energy code, and consumer education.
In 2018, the Trade Council plans to work on these and other activities:
- Educating builders, code officials and other contractors about the Energy Rating Index (ERI) option for meeting residential energy code compliance that will be available on January 1 of 2019.
- Supporting utility rebate and incentive programs such as Duke Energy Progress’ Residential New Construction and Duke Energy’s Smart Saver Program.
- Surveying industry professionals on workforce needs and opportunities to support new workers entering the field and lasting careers for current workers.
- Improving the resources available to consumers and builders at www.HomeEnergyNC.org.
- Assessment of wanted building and energy code changes impacting home energy audits and ratings.
- Supporting the market implementation of Triconic’s ERI program as an option for new construction builders to meet energy code in 2019.
- Advocacy efforts needed with state and national organizations to support our industry’s future.
Members of the Trade Council participate in monthly in-person regional meetings and conference calls to discuss these issues and others over the next six to twelve months. Joining the council is voluntary and limited space is available. There is no cost to participate.
Want to Join the Council?
Meetings are held via phone on the third Tuesday of every month from 3 – 4pm.
Contact us to participate in this council.
Leadership and Staff Contacts
We are currently seeking a Chair and Vice-Chair for this committee. Contact us if you’d like to volunteer!
NCBPA Staff support provided by Curt Hurd and Ryan Miller.