Passive House Buildings:
Throughout 2019, NCBPA held monthly Passive House committee meetings to identify market issues and opportunities and take time to network with members also interested in this topic. Towards the end of 2019, NCBPA signed a partnership agreement with PHIUS and committed to holding a track at our 2020 Conference with PHIUS.
For 2020, NCBPA will continue to look for ways to offer education and support to our market for those interested in, or that could benefit from, learning about Passive House buildings.
Next Committee Meeting:
Passive House Committee:
- February 19th from 3:00 – 4:00pm
- Call-in to 605-475-6720; Code: 529-6388
- Topics will include:
- Check-in on current or upcoming PH projects
- Discuss recent conversations with PHIUS stakeholders about market opportunities for NC
- Discuss possible energy code compliance pathway for PH homes and/or buildings
- Discuss plans for NCBPA’s August 2020 Conference PH track with PHIUS
- Click here for more information on this Committee past and planned activities.
- NCBPA signed a partnership agreement with PHIUS in the fall of 2019 and are working on activities between the two organizations to help expand this market.
- We are also evaluating a similar partnership with NAPHN.
- NCBPA is working on sessions for a Passive House track at our 2020 Conference.
- We are looking to schedule tours and in-person educational workshops on-site at PH projects across the state in 2020.
- We continue to look for ways to incorporate PH into codes and standards, such as offering points for NCHFA’s QAP program.
Minutes of Past Committee Meetings:
No official meetings held in November or December of 2019