Consumer education on the benefits of high performance homes and buildings – and most particularly, when and how take action – is a critical need in North Carolina. Consumer education is a massive opportunity but also a major challenge. NCBPA is leading efforts to improve the knowledge, awareness and resources of North Carolina home and building owners, operators and managers on high performance construction.
In January of 2017, NCBPA’s Board of Directors established consumer education as one of the association’s four strategic initiatives. Our strategic activities include:
- Providing educational resources to home, building and property owners that encourage their commitment to high performance construction.
- Promoting consumer participation in “building performance” (not “green”) as a brand.
- Providing free online resources to educate consumers on their building performance options.
- Initiating advertising and marketing campaigns to promote our industry and its work.
- Promoting the health, safety, durability, environmental and energy benefits our work offers.
NCBPA’s Consumer Education Resources
These websites offer free consumer information on improving energy efficiency, green building and high performance construction features in homes and buildings across the state.
Homeowners and renters can participate in NCBPA’s educational workshop based on the www.HomeEnergyNC.org principles. Expert instructors present home energy education and resources through in-person presentations from one to eight hours in length. Visit our website for more information.