- This event has passed.
Residential 2018 NC Energy Code Workshop in Hickory with AIA North Carolina
November 7, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$40
Register for this workshop to learn how to meet and exceed NC’s new residential energy code requirements that become mandatory on January 1st of 2019. Expert instructors will provide builders, code officials, contractors and others with details on key energy efficiency and performance code changes and, most importantly, provide guidance on cost-effective means to meet and exceed the new code standards. A major focal point of the workshop includes an introduction to the newly-available compliance path called the Energy Rating Index (ERI). This performance-based option saves time, saves money and helps achieve an energy efficient house through the use of third-party HERS ratings.
Light snacks and beverages provided.
- 30 minutes of networking with light food/drinks
- 75 minutes of presentation
- 15 minutes of Q&A
- Chuck Perry – Owner, PerryBuilt Homes
- Curt Hurd – Residential Buildings Specialist, NCBPA
- BPI: 0.57 hours approved
- NC Code Officials: 2 hours approved
- AIA HSW: 2 hours approved