- This event has passed.
NCBPA Residential Energy Code Workshop with Mecklenburg County 08/07/19
August 7 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
NCBPA will deliver a customized two-hour workshop for Mecklenburg County’s Code Enforcement Department on August 7, 2019 from 8 – 10am to provide general education, resources and documentation, and answer questions from code officials and stakeholders on how to properly support and enforce the new Residential 2018 North Carolina Energy Code, most specifically with the new Energy Rating Index (ERI) compliance option.
- Jeff Vernon – Mecklenburg County Code Enforcement
- Ryan Miller – Executive Director, NCBPA
- Dan Stancil – TopBuild Home Services
Draft Workshop Agenda:
- Summary of key 2018 NCEC residential changes.
- Options for energy code compliance without REScheck (available if 2015 IECC used in its entirety).
- Discussion on issues, concerns or new benefits from recent code changes including with spray foam.
- Issues/questions around renovations vs. new construction.
- Background on ERI and presentation on the role it plays in NC’s new code.
- Steps for code officials to take with builders, raters and contractors.
- Reports, checklists and documentation that is required and optional.
- Best practices to use when encountering a home with ERI pathway.
- Open discussion and questions.
- This event is open to all industry professionals and there is no cost to participate.