- This event has passed.
LEED for Homes Virtual Green Rater Training 06/08/20
June 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$450
With over 2 million LEED® for Homes™ registered spaces worldwide, LEED is the international rating system to ensure residential buildings are better. LEED requires third-party on-site verification and performance testing by a LEED Green Rater and demand is growing. Now residential and mixed-use projects of any size can go under the LEED for Homes rating system. If you’re interested in filling this need as part of USGBC’s LEED for Homes Green Rater program, this training is for you! The LEED for Homes Green Rater Training is designed to prepare qualified participants to provide verification services on LEED for Homes projects.
Date/Time/agenda: The Next Session will be a virtual classroom cohort that is set up from June 8 to June 19th.
Register here – Space is limited to 20 Cohort Members – Use code coupon code NCBPA to get 5% off!
- Watch training videos online for each LEED Catagory
- Complete a LEED checklist workbook
- Discuss questions with students and the instructor on an online chat forum in regards to each of the LEED category/credit
- Have access to 1 on 1 video calls with the instructor as needed
- Complete all videos, assignments and discussion by June 19th and then the online exam will be given.
There is a 20 attendee limit
- Define the responsibilities of a LEED Green Rater in each phase of the project
- Manage and conduct verification activities
- Effectively use the LEED v4 Homes and Multifamily Workbook
- Identify the location key resources
Continuing Education – 14 Hours (includes modules)
- GBCI / LEED AP Homes – 10.5 hours only
- BPI: 8.5 CEUs
- NARI Green
- Certified GreenHome Professional
- AIBD*May be applicable to your local state-based design or contractor license
- Bonus! – All trained LEED green raters are qualified to be GreenStar Homes Certification Assessors and DOE Home Energy Score Assessors.
Instructor: Brett Little – Executive Director – LEED Home Assistant Quality Control / Green Rater / Faculty
Brett Little is the Executive Director at GreenHome Institute (GHI), a nonprofit whose mission is to empower people to make healthier and more sustainable choices in the renovation and construction of the places we live in. Brett has served as Executive Director since 2011 and since then has helped oversee the LEED for Homes program ensuring certification over nearly 5,000 units across 100’s of projects. Brett helps to instructor moderate education sessions that are both online and in-person, oftentimes conducting more than 50 per year. He serves as a LEED for Homes Green Rater on small, affordable housing projects in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area. Additionally, he helps administer Enterprise Green Communities on Low-income Housing Projects across the midwest region.