Expert Virtual Panel: Passive House Design and Construction in North Carolina
June 25 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
What is Passive House and how can you use it on your next project? At its core, Passive House is a methodology that any architect, builder or contractor can use to design and build energy efficient and high performance homes and buildings. The methodology offers practical and cost-effective strategies that lead to significant gains in energy efficiency, comfort, durability, indoor air quality and occupant satisfaction. Register to learn how Passive House can immediately offer benefits to your business and its customers.
- Brief Overview of Passive House
- Panelist Introductions
- Panelist Presentations
- Steve Schreiner, Schreiner Design: Passive House for single family residential projects
- Kristina Held, Insight Architects: Passive House for commercial projects
- Karan Gupta, Build SMART: Panelized systems for Passive House multifamily projects
- Leigha Dickens, Deltec Homes: Taking the next step on a residential project to a Zero Energy Ready certified home
- Virtual Q&A with Panelists and Attendees
Want to see Passive House in action?
- Click here for an overview of REdesign.build’s latest residential projects going up in Raleigh!
- Read about Passive House from NCBPA Board Member Steve Schreiner.
- Visit Insight Architects’ website for a portfolio of their projects.
- Learn how Build SMART helps projects of all types achieve Passive House certification.
- Read lessons learned from Asheville’s first zero energy ready home by Leigha Dickens of Deltec Homes.
Contact NCBPA at Info@BuildingNC.org or 919-841-6207 with questions.