Mecklenburg County Code Enforcement
Land Use & Environmental Services Agency (LUESA) is an umbrella organization providing many key services that contribute to an exceptional quality of life for Mecklenburg County residents. LUESA’s responsibilities range from enforcing building and zoning codes to managing water and air resources for future generations.
Our Vision Statement: Land Use & Environmental Services works in partnership with the community to enhance the quality of life through environmental stewardship and economic vitality.
Our services include:
• Air Quality: emission reduction programs, air monitoring, permitting and compliance assistance.
• Code Enforcement: building inspections, building permits, plan review, fire marshal.
• Solid Waste: landfill operations, recycling, waste reduction, litter prevention.
• Storm Water Services: water quality, storm water services, land development.
• Geospatial Information Services: online services, GIS data center, custom mapping, open data.