Get to know our expert staff
D. Ryan Miller – Founder & Executive Director
Ryan is the Founder and Executive Director of North Carolina Building Performance Association, the state’s not-for-profit trade association representing building performance companies and professionals. Ryan leads the association’s work with member builders, developers, contractors, product suppliers and many others to grow the industry and member businesses. Since founding NCBPA in 2014, Ryan has led the startup of three other building performance associations in Georgia, South Carolina and Maryland. In January of 2018, Ryan was awarded the 2017 Young Green Professional of the Year award by the National Association of Home Builders and currently serves on the association’s Sustainability & Green Building Subcommittee.
As of July 2020, Ryan works part-time for the association in addition to his full-time role with member company MaxLife Industries.
Ryan’s work at NCBPA includes:
- Developing member services, events and programs that improve member company profitability and professional education.
- Advocating and lobbying for improved business, regulatory and policy climates for industry companies and consumers.
- Improving the market value of high performance homes and buildings.
- Creating workforce development resources and campaigns.
- Educating building owners and operators on the benefits of high performance buildings.
Ryan speaks regularly to students about industry career opportunities and frequently connects students and professionals to job opportunities with industry companies. As NCBPA’s principal lobbyist, Ryan leads advocacy and lobbying efforts to implement an #EnergyEfficiencyFirst policy strategy for the state.
Learn more about Ryan’s work on our News page and through these industry articles:
- February 2019 article on building performance in Business View Magazine
- January 2019 article with Insulation Institute on workforce development
- January 2019 interview with Bill Spohn on the Building HVAC Science podcast
- June 2018 Habitat X Journal article
Mobile Phone: 919-521-3385