Supporting our industry’s future workforce
As part of the association’s ongoing workforce development initiatives, NCBPA coordinates internship opportunities for students and industry professionals with member companies. The association offers 5 – 6 internships per year to support its own work with member companies.
Companies: Host an Intern
Member companies: send a description of your internship to us at Info@BuildingNC.org to be posted here and on our Job Board. We’ll help you outline the internship information and advertise it to community colleges, universities and job programs across the state.
Students and Professionals: Apply for an Internship
Interested students and professionals: send your resume and a description of what type of internship you’re looking for to Info@BuildingNC.org. Include your desired location, available dates for your term and any other pertinent details that may help find a match. We’ll post your information on our Job Seekers page and advertise it to industry companies across the state. Find internships with our member companies by checking our Job Board!
Fall 2018 Internships Available with NCBPA
NCBPA offers internships to qualified students and professionals new to our industry year-round to support our membership services and industry work. Generally, two internships are available for spring and fall semesters, and up to four in the summer. For fall 2018, NCBPA has two paid internships available:
- Commercial & Industrial Buildings: Work with our staff, members and partners to develop research and resources that support high performance construction in commercial and industrial buildings.
- Policy & Legislation: Lead the research and development of policy and regulatory work in support of energy efficiency, building performance and clean energy.
- Research Fellow: In partnership with Allied Partner company BASF, North Carolina Building Performance Association (NCBPA) seeks a part or full-time Research Fellow to perform research and development projects on North Carolina’s high performance construction market during the fall semester of 2018. The Research Fellow will perform innovative office and field-based research and development in support of bringing new products and market services to North Carolina’s single family residential, multifamily residential and commercial buildings market. Projects will be initiated and supported by staff from BASF’s Charlotte office and NCBPA’s Raleigh office. Successful applicants will benefit from the blended experience of working to serve an industry associations member needs and accomplish critical industry research needs for a leading building product manufacturer. This is a rare opportunity to learn how industry works together to accomplish sustainability goals in the South East.
For each intern position:
- A monthly stipend is provided to help pay for meal, parking and travel expenses.
- Most work will be located at NCBPA’s office in downtown Raleigh. Some work-from-home opportunities are available.
- Limited travel is provided.
- Interns must provide their own computer and phone.
- NCBPA will complete any required paperwork needed for students to earn credit.
Send your resume, cover letter and which position(s) you’re interested in to Info@BuildingNC.org to apply.
Past NCBPA Interns
NCBPA would like to recognize these former students for interning with us!