August 15th: NC Energy Policy Council’s Quarterly Public Meeting
Want to learn what our industry’s energy efficiency policy work is all about? Join us on August 15th in Raleigh from 10am – Noon for the Q3 public meeting of the North Carolina Energy Policy Council (EPC). Energy efficiency will be the focal point for the meeting, which will include four presentations from NCBPA staff, members and partners. The presentations will provide actionable policy recommendations the state can take to:
- Yield massive energy savings, job creation, economic and environmental benefits.
- Increase the strategic use of energy efficiency through a new state energy planning process.
- Modernize the state’s utility cost effectiveness protocols for energy efficiency.
- Encourage industrial facilities to invest in energy efficient construction and upgrades.
No matter your policy experience, NCBPA welcomes you to join us at the meeting to learn about our industry’s growing policy development and support the individuals and organizations seeking to bring benefits to our industry companies and their customers.
September 20th: 2018 Workforce Development Summit
Join us on Thursday, September 20th in Raleigh for NC’s first-ever building performance industry Workforce Development Summit! The Summit brings together industry professionals, faculty and students, state and local government representatives, nonprofit leaders and many others interested in developing the workforce resources that our industry needs to thrive. Industry professionals working in or with energy efficient buildings, green building and high performance construction are encouraged to attend! Registration is open and sponsorship packages are available. Visit our website for more information.
October: Retrofit Conference and World Energy Engineering Congress
Join NCBPA and many of your peers at two exciting industry conferences taking place in October in Charlotte:
- The Retrofit Conference is taking place on October 9th at the Westin Hotel in Charlotte. This one-day national conference focuses on retrofitting commercial, industrial and institutional buildings. NCBPA staff, Board Members and member companies will be exhibiting and presenting on the high performance retrofit work taking place across our state. This conference covers a wide variety of industry topics that include: energy efficient building envelopes best practices and case studies, retrofitting in today’s market, project financing opportunities, how retrofits can spur building and community resiliency, and much more. NCBPA members receive early-bird pricing of $249 up to the day of the conference with a discount code. Contact Abby Coulter at Abby@BuildingNC.org to obtain the code!
- The World Energy Engineering Congress is taking place October 17 – 19th at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte. This comprehensive international conference provides a big picture perspective of steps needed to achieve optimum energy efficiency and performance within businesses. NCBPA staff will be in attendance to promote North Carolina’s strong building performance market and network with member companies and partners. Members of our partner organization E4 Carolinas receive $200 off the registration fee. Contact Kelly Perkins at KellyPerkins@E4Carolinas.org to obtain the discount code.