On April 26th of 2018, NCBPA’s Executive Director Ryan Miller participated in the 2018 National Home Performance Lobby Day, organized by Home Performance Coalition, E4TheFuture and AnnDyl Policy Group. This was our third time participating in the event. In 2016, we followed the lead of others and participated mostly to learn the process. In 2017, several NCBPA members attended meetings with NC legislators to speak about important federal issues. This time around, NCBPA staff led a delegation of contractors from California and Arizona.
The primary issues we spoke to legislators and their staff about include:
- FY19 appropriations for the Weatherization Assistance Program, State Energy Program, and Residential Building Integration within the Building Technology Office, with additional support for Energy Star
- Residential energy efficiency tax credits (25C and 25E)
- Inclusion of residential energy efficiency in any potential infrastructure package
- Support for residential PACE
Our contractor delegation included these industry professionals:
- Elena Chrimat of Ideal Energy in Phoenix, AZ
- Alex Williams of Ideal Energy in Phoenix, AZ
- Dan Thomsen of Building Doctors in Los Angeles, CA
- Jonathan Waterworth of Southwest Sustainable Structures in Phoenix, AZ
- Arianna Nevins of We Green in San Diego, CA
- Ryan Miller of NCBPA in Raleigh, NC
Our delegation met with a variety of legislators that have supported our industry in the past to say thank you in person and remind them of the good work our industry companies perform, and how that work benefits consumers. Members shared their experiences with customers in the districts these legislators represent and offered to keep them updated on progress in their districts. Some offices even asked for in-district meetings to see our work first-hand!
- Sen. Flake (R-AZ, ENR)
- Rep. Schweikert (R-AZ06, Ways and Means)
- Rep. Sinema (D-AZ09, Financial Services)
- Sen. Feinstein (D-CA, Appropriations)
- Sen. Harris (D-CA, EPW)
- Rep. Lieu (D-CA33)
- Rep. Peters (D-CA52, Energy and Commerce)
- Rep. Gomez (D-CA34, Natural Resources)
- Rep. Price (D- NC04, Appropriations)
Here are some photos from our legislator meetings. Check out the Twitter feed for @Advocate4EE to view more pictures and meeting recaps!